- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle allegedly found out they were ‘uninvited’ to a state reception for world leaders from press reports
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex initially received the invitation but no one has told them they have been uninvited, according to royal sources
- The royal’s only event will be hosted on Sunday by King Charles and the Queen Consort
- Heads of state will attend the event including Joe Biden and Emmanuel Macron
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex found out they were ‘uninvited’ to a Buckingham Palace state reception for world leaders and foreign royals by reading press reports, sources claim.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, who arrived in London following the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, were initially invited, then allegedly banned from attending a Sunday event at Buckingham Palace.
The excuse allegedly given is that the occasion was for working royals only. Harry and Meghan have yet to comment on the allegations.
‘Harry and Meghan actually got the invitation and no-one has actually told them they are uninvited,’ a source told Page Six.
Another added, ‘I’m told they only found out they were uninvited by reading press reports.
The couple originally received an invite to the event hosted by King Charles and the Queen Consort Camilla earlier this week. Nearly 2,000 are expected to attend.
US President Joe Biden, French president Emmanuel Macron and Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau are among the heads of state who will arrive in London this weekend to attend Queen Elizabeth’s funeral on Monday.
World leaders, ambassadors and foreign royals will attend a reception at the Palace where they will also be greeted by the Prince and Princess of Wales, the Princess Royal and the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
The confusion over Harry and Meghan’s invitation points to issues with communication between the Californian-based couple and the Royal Family, according to the Daily Telegraph.
It follows an apparent U-turn over Harry’s right to wear a military uniform despite being a non-working royal.
The Palace is understood to have intervened to allow Harry to wear his regalia to a 15-minute vigil at Westminster Hall today.
Harry had previously said he would wear a morning suit to all the funeral events.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were also said to be furious after it was revealed their children will not be granted HRH status when they are appointed by prince and princess by King Charles III.
A source claimed to The Sun, that Archie, three, and Lilibet, one, are set to be officially made prince and princess in the near future as Charles has agreed to issue a Letters Patent to grant the titles.
But a report claims that following tense talks between the new King over recent days, the Sussexes have been left ‘furious’ that their children will not also get HRH titles.
There are still longstanding issues between Prince Harry and his family.
His upcoming autobiography has been called a ‘ticking timebomb which Charles and William wanted to diffuse’.
It is claimed that it will be published as planned in November despite the Queen’s death, although no firm release date has been announced.
A Netflix documentary about the couple is also in the pipeline, although there’s also no indication as to when it will be released.
Meghan’s ongoing podcast series, Archetypes, is currently being streamed by Spotify, although upcoming episodes have been paused indefinitely out of respect for the late Queen.
Tom Bower, whose biography of Meghan Markle was released earlier this year, said the book would be printed at Clays in Bungay, Suffolk, under conditions of great secrecy, with staff being checked on their way out for copies.
He added: ‘The book is a timebomb which Charles and William wanted to defuse. Harry did not think that he would be in the UK when the Queen died and the circumstances are different from how they all envisaged it.
‘That said I hear that it is being printed at Clays. It will take weeks to print and then weeks to distribute it globally.’